1991 merg

Old 03-29-02, 09:54 AM
David Fout
Visiting Guest
1991 merg

as suggested pulled the #8 fuse to the int. lights, clock etc.dropped from 4.53 to .3356ma put fuse back in stayed at .3356. open door goes to 4.53A close door goes to 3.56a and holds there, break connection to battery and reconnect .3356ma I'M LOST?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-02, 11:05 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check for a sticking door jamb switch. In fact, they are dirt cheap. Replace 'em both.

That would make sense with the source of the drain.

Old 03-29-02, 02:42 PM
chadtoolio
Visiting Guest
Be aware that the interior light circuit on this car may have a "soft fade feature" that may leave the interior lights on for an extended period of time. Does the draw stay there for an indefinite amount of time after the doors are closed? Sometimes when you take power away from the culprit consumer and reconnect it, the draw will dissapear.... Also the control unit for the interior lights may not "know" that the door was opened if you disconnect and reconnect power, therefor not supply current to the interior lights.

Good luck

Old 03-30-02, 07:19 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Which is another reason to keep all posts together on the same subject for clarity rather than to start a new post each time.

I forgot what 91 Mercury we are working on here .

Old 03-31-02, 09:46 AM
David Fout
Visiting Guest
Re: 1991 merg

Originally posted by David Fout
as suggested pulled the #8 fuse to the int. lights, clock etc.dropped from 4.53 to .3356ma put fuse back in stayed at .3356. open door goes to 4.53A close door goes to 3.56a and holds there, break connection to battery and reconnect .3356ma I'M LOST?
I left meter on and after 30 sec drop to .3356ma this is after I replaced dr. side door swith. hope this gets it I"ll let you all know.