Sentry anti-theft issue

Old 03-29-02, 10:16 PM
ddman
Visiting Guest
Sentry anti-theft issue

I just bought a 2002 Dodge Stratus ES with the Sentry key anti theft. I haven't had it for more than a week and I can't start my engine. It doesn't even crank up. I came out of a store and use the transmitter to open my trunk...put groceries in there and closed it. Opened the door, put the keys in the ignition and it will start for 2 seconds, then turn off. Did the same thing for about 7 times. Then I decided to arm the alarm, then unarm it, and now the car would not even turn on at all.

I read in the manual that if the car starts for 2 seconds then shuts off, it's because the system doesn't recognize the key. Well, I didn't trigger the alarm, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't recognize it. Is there a way to reset the alarm so that it starts again if the system thinks it's been triggered. I had to tow it to the dealership and they said that when the car got there, it worked for them. I may be doing something wrong or I don't know what I'm doing, but usually in an anti-theft system, if the car doesn't start...you arm the car, unarm it and try again. Can someone help, please. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-02, 06:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sounds like a hokey dealer installed antitheft system to me.

Go back to the dealership and have the salesman/sales manager who sold you the thing explain it. Tell him what you did.

The next time it happens, tell the dealer you're going to call him on a cell phone if you get stuck because you are following the directions. There is likely something wrong with the system.