Radio Speakers won't work/1991 Explorer

Old 04-01-02, 08:27 PM
HTownsend
Visiting Guest
Radio Speakers won't work/1991 Explorer

I have a 1991 Explorer. I installed a new CD Player because the factory radio wasn't working. The CD Player is a Ford product and is compatible with the vehicle. All aspects of the CD player work fine except I can't get any sound out of the speakers. I have checked all of the fuses, (in case there was an amp fuse or something). The fuses are fine, and I can find no logical reason why the speakers don't work. The only odd thing is the dome light and the door panel courtesy lights will not turn off. They are on the same fuse as the radio memory. I have to remove the dome light/courtesy light/radio memory fuse to get the lights to shut off. It has been in this condition for some time, and I have just gotten used to no interior lights and no music. These lights will not shut off even when they are switched off (the headlight switch controls the interior lights as well as the instrument panel lumination). Any suggestions????
Thanks,
H. Townsend

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-02, 07:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Call up the dealer that sold it to you and have them supply a wiring diagram. Something's wrong somewhere or we do have incompatible parts. Double check your work on it.

Old 04-02-02, 03:19 PM
chadtoolio
Visiting Guest
Definitely sounds like its in the wiring. Most places that sell head units(cd,tape players) also sell the wiring harness kit so that you do not have to "hack" your factory harness and the wiring diagram is supplied with it. IT costs about 20 bucks!

Good luck