Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

firing order

Visiting Guest

04-02-02, 07:40 AM   #1  
gps21
firing order

I have a 1967 F-100 w/ a rebuilt 302 v-8. It has a holley 600 4-barrel, headers, mallory elect. ignition, mallory distributor(unilite),& manual start exhuast fan. My problem is that I cannot find any repair manuals for this vehicle, andI believe the firing order was messed with. What is the complete correct firing order?

P.S. I plan on changing the holley to a carter carb. The holley took a dump becuase of the afore mentioned firing problem. Lets face it I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to holley carbs.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-02-02, 08:41 AM   #2  
Joe_F
A Ford service manual is your best bet, if not an old Chilton manual should do for it.

The firing order is usually printed on the intake manifold. The cap is usually marked with #1. Give the engine a quick crank and see which way the distributor rotor rotates.

Now find #1 on the block and go in firing order printed on the intake and match the wires to to direction of rotation you observed.

That should verify the firing order.

Search this Thread