Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Windstar check engine/ABS warning

Group Moderator

FL

04-05-02, 05:48 AM   #1  
Windstar check engine/ABS warning

Joe, keep forgetting to post this: Any ideas for intermittent check engine and ABS lights on about a 4 yr old Windstar (my Sister's)?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-05-02, 05:50 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Obviously check for a loose/bad gas cap.

Hit Autozone for a scanner rental (OBDII) and see what that tells you.

Find the source of the light and let's go from there. Anything in Alldata about it? Might have a bad wheel sensor (likely).

Group Moderator

FL

04-05-02, 06:14 AM   #3  
Unfortunately my ABS knowledge is in theory of operation only as none of my vehicles has had ABS; I was hoping it would come up as something relativly simple like a wheel sensor.

I only get to see her about once a month on a weekend (about 100 miles where most of family lives). She always reminds me when I'm not able to look at it, of course, but has no operational problems. I would do a vehicle swap with her and keep it a couple of weeks (like my brother's Sable) to check out, but it's her only transportation, she's got three kids, and I don't have an equivelant vehicle to swap. I've been trying to figure out what the check engine and ABS lights had in common or maybe it's coincidental. Mostly I'm hoping she opts to trade it in sometime soon (and gets something besides another Ford product). Ah, the joys of the mechanically-challenged relatives!

Visiting Guest

04-05-02, 06:31 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Sure, I understand.

It could be something as simple as that. But we must tap into its brain to understand what woes it is having.

I think you capish .

Search this Thread