Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

coil assembly

04-09-02, 02:04 PM   #1  
coil assembly

Anyone know where I can get a coil assembly for a '93 Mazda 626 6 cylinder? The thing comes off the distributor and I can't see why I can't buy just the coil assembly somewhere without having to buy a complete distributor..
The distributor has the numbers- KL01 3422 A TOT57071 B
J885 3330 and Mitsubishi on it. Any info would be appreciated.

Tx

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-09-02, 02:27 PM   #2  
Billdo49er
Like most Japanese cars if anything goes in or on a distributor.You have to replace the whole thing.
Have you tried the dealer.Sometimes you can just buy the part you need.Not often though.

04-09-02, 02:32 PM   #3  
Have you tried the dealer

Don't think I have, but I will; although, it will prop cost as much as a new distributor somewhere else.

Tx for the response, won't hurt to check with them

Visiting Guest

04-09-02, 03:42 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Make sure it is your problem. I see NA (not available) in all the aftermarket parts catalogs I'm looking at.

04-09-02, 05:08 PM   #5  
I checked with an ohm mete per a Haynes ( I think ) book I have and it shows to be bad. I have also called around to some of the parts houses to see if they could check it. No luck there. I'm pretty sure that it is the coil assembly. No luck here at finding it seperate either. I guess they got us on some of these parts.

Visiting Guest

04-09-02, 08:25 PM   #6  
Joe_F
Try www.weekendmechanicsclub.com

That is an online parts catalog that Profit Pro powers. It's not too bad. I have used it as reference at work.

Search this Thread