Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need help removing paneling froma '94 Grand Cherokee

Visiting Guest

04-10-02, 01:52 PM   #1  
KLR852
need help removing paneling froma '94 Grand Cherokee

I want to remove all of the plastic paneling in my Jeep and can't figure out where to start. Can someone help?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-10-02, 04:10 PM   #2  
thekeymaker
let me ask you what kind of paneling it is is it inside or outside mainly if your removing the inside they usally are held in by screws and and clips your probally going to run into both let us know more info and we can help you out more Don

Visiting Guest

04-10-02, 05:00 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Start by checking the links in my signature file.

Why the need to remove all the plastic?

Visiting Guest

04-10-02, 09:07 PM   #4  
KLR852
its the paneling inside that I want to remove. I see the the screws, but once I remove all of them there is usually a plastic piece with no visible screws that that covers the original piece(if you can understand). My reason for removing the plastic is to thoroughly clean each piece and possibly recarpet. By the way, any tips on carpeting?

Visiting Guest

04-11-02, 04:27 AM   #5  
thekeymaker
the paneling inside is or should not be to hard to remove it will take awhile to remove the paneling and clean it why not just leave it in place and clean it that way i know what your trying to do but removing all of that can be a long time to put back together also on the carpet evreything will have to come out for that seats evrey thing the main question to ask now is how long will this take and how often do you need to drive your vehicle. as for the screws its a start but some pieces slide into each other etc. do you have a factory service manual or you might want to try a book store and see if they have a book on auto upholstery it should help you out best of luck Don,

Visiting Guest

04-11-02, 10:01 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Yea, no need to remove the old carpet. You should be able to scrub it in place. You can probably rent a steamer like you do for the house and use that to clean it .

Fabreeze might also work quite well.

I can tell you taking out all the panels is a major PITA. I did it with my neighbor on his 1991 Chevy S10 Blazer to hook in a trailer harness. I believe this was before they had vehicle specific connectors. It was a big league gazorch taking everything out with those folding seats. Lol.

Search this Thread