Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1995 Berreta is hard to start when it gets hot

Visiting Guest

04-11-02, 09:09 PM   #1  
dab1120
1995 Berreta is hard to start when it gets hot

I have a 1995 Chevy Berreta Z26 w/ V6 auto. I have trouble starting it after I run it for awhile (1 hour or so). It starts fine in the morning it runs fine no problems at all . But when I get somewhere and turn it off it wont start. It turns over fine and it is getting a spark when i checked the spark plugs it turns over but wont start..sometimes it starts up but dies instantly. If it sits and cools down for about 2 hours it starts right back up like it never had a problem. Since it runs fine when it does start I was thinking it wasnt the fuel pump. I have talked to some mechanics and they say Control module or ignition module?? They also say it could be many other (probably costly) things. If anybody can help I really appreciate it. the only thing I have done since I have owned this car 5 months now is new spark plugs and wires.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-12-02, 07:41 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Start by checking the posts and links in my signature file, they should help out a bit.

Search this Thread