Just enough to anger me

Old 04-13-02, 12:52 AM
snoop
Visiting Guest
Just enough to anger me

You know when you park in a parking lot, and you happen to park next to a car who's occupents do not pay attention to their surroundings (surprise suprise...), and swing open their car door until it hits yours to leave a nice little dent? This keeps happening to me. Walking to get into the car... son-of-a... theres a new dent. I am wondering if there is any way I can fix these dents myself. If this keeps happening, and all I can do is count the dents in my doors, I am going to have to go "postal" on somebody...lol... The new steel these cars are made with these days... as fradgile as tin foil. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-02, 07:57 AM
Billdo49er
Visiting Guest
Do as I do with my '89 Cadillac.
Park as far from the door as possible where there is no cars nearby.
It's well worth the walk to avoid any body shop visits.
The car is 13 years old with no dents.
As far as door dings-I don't know of any quick fixes.

Old 04-13-02, 09:27 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There are companies that can "vibrate" out the dents. They are mobile shops that come to you and do it. They are aboout 50 bucks a dent or so, a bit pricey, but not bad considering that body work is much more.

That being said, it pays to park far away. Even my mother's Saturn with the dent resistant panels picks up scratches! .

Some people don't care. I yell at 'em when they don't watch. Even when it's with my 84 Oldsmobile and that's just a work car!

Old 04-14-02, 05:18 AM
sciguyjim
Visiting Guest
How about asking at one of those shops where they can pound out the dents from the inside. I hear they can do great work. I think they call it paintless dent removal. My neighbor was unfortunate enough to be caught out in a hailstorm and got a lot of dimples from it. After the repair work I couldn't tell where the dents were.

I find that even though I park far from other cars there will still be somebody who wants to park close to me. What I do is pick a likely parking spot then go park even farther than that.

Old 04-14-02, 07:35 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Depends on the severity of the dent

I have done that myself. Simply took off the door panel and pressed it back out with my hand .

Old 04-14-02, 04:48 PM
rickwhoo
Visiting Guest
if you can get to the dent from the inside, you have to massage the dent from the outside edge in. use hard blunt tool carefully and take your time. small dent should take 15 minutes to do. just push dent out slowly.

Old 04-15-02, 12:04 AM
snoop
Visiting Guest
Hey, thanks for the responses! I will let you know how this all "pounds out."

Old 04-15-02, 05:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Lol. That's a good one.

Hope we put a "dent" in the problem for you . Lol.