Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

89 sentra-brakes

Visiting Guest

04-13-02, 07:52 AM   #1  
andybrown
89 sentra-brakes

My problem is simple but finding the answer hasn't been. Most pros either can't or won't tell me since it means I'll do it myself.

I need to replace the rear brake shoes and pads on my 1989 Nissan Sentra. In order to remove the drum I must remove a large nut. I don't have a socket that fits it and I need to know what size the nut is so that I can get the proper socket.

It's a 1989 Nissan Sentra 4 door standard trans with absolutely no bells or whistles.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-13-02, 07:59 AM   #2  
Billdo49er
I can't remember off hand,But I think it's a 24mm.

04-13-02, 08:02 AM   #3  
Most of the time the nut is 32 mm or 36mm. I would also suggest to use a repair manual for your car. I would also suggest do one side @ a time so you can have a reference. The drums will take you longer to do as its more complicated. Good luck on the repairs. keep me posted.

OM

Visiting Guest

04-13-02, 09:23 AM   #4  
Joe_F
I agree with all posted here. Sometimes you're able to get an adjustable wrench in there to loosen the drum hold down. The nut will not be that tight, just enough to seat the bearings that it rides on. (I think this is a silly system, but ok...lol)

Check the links in my signature file for more ideas too.

Visiting Guest

04-13-02, 02:15 PM   #5  
Billdo49er
So much for my memory!
I was way off.LOL

04-14-02, 10:35 AM   #6  
Hi Bill,

You maybe right on the size.

OM

Search this Thread