Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Brake related clicking noise

Visiting Guest

04-15-02, 05:40 AM   #1  
th21703
Brake related clicking noise

1998 Monte Carlo LS, 3100 engine, 52K miles. I have a clicking noise that sounds like its coming from the front drivers side and is only present when I depress the brake. Clicking is not there if I'm doing less then 10 miles an hour when I depress the brake. Clicking does not appear to be speed related either. Because it was inexpensive to do, I replaced the front brake pads Sunday but the problem is still there. I also noticed that when the clicking is occuring the headlights will flicker. I just got the car Saturday so I know very little about it at this point. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-15-02, 05:42 AM   #2  
Joe_F
You may have a discharging alternator.

Check the link in my signature file for some ideas.

Visiting Guest

04-15-02, 05:03 PM   #3  
Gix
sounds like maybe abs solenoid / actuators working due to an improper signal from a wheel speed sensor.... suggestion is to find one of the abs wheel speed sensors or maybe even the abs relay and unplug it ... take the vehicle for a road test and see if your problem has dissapeared (this may trigger and abs light)

if problem has gone away at least your narrowed down to an area you can start checking into

Search this Thread