Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1995 Monte Carlo Rear Brakes

Visiting Guest

04-16-02, 05:41 PM   #1  
HTownsend

I am rapidly approaching the panic point. I went to the library and photocopied the information in the Chilton manual regarding the brakes on this car, (1995 Monte Carlo). The information and diagram are informative, but they don't tell me what I need to know. Where does the retaining bar fit?, In the hole or the slot on the brake shoe? If anyone can send me detailed install information on the install of brake shoes on a 1995 Monte Carlo, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

H. Townsend

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-16-02, 05:45 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Hit some of the links in my signature file for some ideas.

That being said, a 25 dollar yearly Alldata.com subscription might be a wise move .

That or a factory service manual if you are going to keep the car and do any kind of real repair.

Visiting Guest

04-16-02, 05:51 PM   #3  
HTownsend

Thanks Joe F. for your prompt reply to my inquiry. I am sort of new to DIY, how do I get to your signature file and check out these links?

Thanks again,

H. Townsend

Visiting Guest

04-16-02, 07:26 PM   #4  
Joe_F
The signature file follows every post I make.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Visiting Guest

04-16-02, 07:28 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Another option is to do one side at a time. Leave the other side intact as it will serve as a guide.

If you get lost, simply walk around to the other side

Search this Thread