1990 Lincoln

Old 04-17-02, 01:06 PM
zed101
Visiting Guest
Post 1990 Lincoln

I need help! I have a 1990 Lincoln Continental which was recently towed on a flatbed wrecker. I don't believe that the driver cut off the air suspension before lifting the vehicle. Now, the front shocks are extended to the max. Is there a way to reset the level control?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-02, 10:37 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
Have you driven the car since it was towed?

The system will adjust the ride height to the correct height automatically while driving. That's assuming your tow truck driver didn't cinch the car down so low that the ride height sensors were damaged.

Is the "Check Air Suspension" light on while driving?

If the system is damaged, notify the towing co. immediately & explain the situation. Then take your car to a Lincoln dealer & let them fix it at the towing company's expense.

Old 04-18-02, 05:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I agree with Knuckles.

Old 04-18-02, 07:35 PM
zed101
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down Driving the Vehicle

Yes, I've driven the vehicle since the tow! The first day the passenger front was fully extended and then once parked the driver front fully extended! I appreciate your advice. However, the wrecker service is giving me the run-a-round. Thanks again!

Old 04-19-02, 05:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
If you believe they damaged it, have it repaired and send them the bill, keeping in contact with them that you will make them eat the repairs. Especially so if they advertise "damage free" towing and things like that.

Your other option is to contact the local Department of Consumer Affairs, local "Shame on You" type TV news channel or the Better Business Bureau if you feel the towing company is giving you the business.

Be persistent, but be right. Make sure the dealer or shop attests to the fact it was damaged by towing. Take pictures to prove your case if you need to.

Good luck.