Diesel engine throttle

Old 04-17-02, 06:37 PM
John Dalrymple
Visiting Guest
Angry Diesel engine throttle

A few days ago I posted a problem with the throttle response on my 1994 Chevrolet K3500 Pickup. The truck has a 6.5 liter diesel engine. It has a sensor problem that I am having trouble figuring out which sensor. When the wheather is cold everything works fine. But now that the wheather is getting warmer I get no, or very little throttle in reverse. In drive it will go if I patiently wait with my foot to the floor. When it does go it goes like it should. The only feed back I got from my earlier post was that I should buy a manual to find out what my problem is. If I wanted to spend a $100.00 on a manual I would have done that and not asked for help here. Someone who has experienced this problem please respond and guide me in the right direction. Thank You.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-02, 05:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down

Well if you don't want to spend the money on the service literature, it's not likely you will fix it correctly going in the dark there. If someone can furnish you the literature from an OE manual free of charge, fine. Otherwise, sorry.

First of all, the links in my signature file provide FREE information and may have what you want. That being said, if the FREE information doesn't help you, it's well worth the 25 dollar asking price for an Alldata.com subscription or the OE manual for a bit more. If you do your homework, you can find used ones quite reasonably.

You wouldn't go to a doctor who didn't have all the latest information, so in the same respect the book is worth the green in gold.

That being said, please do not split posts on the same subject. Use your reply button to keep continuity and get a faster reply.