A/c Not Cold

Old 04-17-02, 08:19 PM
A/c Not Cold

Air Conditioning Not Cold
I had freon (sp?) put in last year and a/c was very cold. I've turned on the a/c a couple times this past week and it's 'okay', but not cold.
Also, I noticed when I used the heater over winter the temperature gauge sometimes went a little above the halfway mark. Would any of this have to do with the thermostat?
My radiator is about 2 yrs old, it has antifreeze, new fuel pump, alternator and head gaskets.
Please advise what I should do. This is a 96 Olds Achieva.

Thanks for all your help!

I RECEIVED SOME REPLIES ASKING ME WHY THE FREON PUT IN> HAVE HAD SEVERAL REPAIRS....INCLUDING A NEW RADIATOR AND A NEW WATER & FUEL PUMP. I'M GUESSING IT WENT ALONG WITH ONE OF THESE WHEN I LOST MY COOLANT, ETC. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHY IT MAY NOT BE COLD? NO LEAK THAT I CAN SEE. JUST HAD NEW HEAD GASKETS PUT ON A COUPLE MONTHS AGO....WOULD THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT?

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU INPUT!!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-02, 05:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Back to the shop that "added" the freon last year to find out what the problem is. It may not have been charged correctly or there is still a leak in the system.

That being said, please keep all posts on the same car together for clarity. You'll lose continuity and get a slower reply from us if you split your posts.