urgent: will trade services for auto help in CA

Old 04-21-02, 02:48 AM
Stef L F
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Exclamation urgent: will trade services for auto help in CA

my friend's 82 VW "vangon" bus threw a rod and we need assistance in fixing it by july, 2002. he and the vehicle are in santa cruz, CA, but we're flexible. what i'm looking for is someone who would be willing to offer assistance in fixing the vehicle- show us how to do it, help with labor and knowledge, etc., or refer us to someone in the area who could help somehow- for an exchange of services, as we're low on money. there are a number of individuals involved in a project we need the van for, and i'm sure that collectively we have quite a bit of skills and services to offer- contact me and let me know what you're looking for. if you think you may be able to help in any way, please write to stef@doityourself.com. thanks!
Old 04-21-02, 04:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Answered via E-mail.
ie; used motor.
Old 04-21-02, 05:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I agree. A used motor is the way to go.

What is the situation? Do you live out there? Get stuck on a road trip? What's the condition of the vehicle? Putting a lot of green into an old crate like this is not a wise idea unless it's really mint or you really like it.

If you need a van, it may be cheaper to go out and get another van with the money you will spend on this motor. You're looking at 300 to 500 for a used motor for the van and then you'll need at least 150 bucks in expendables (water pump, belts, hoses, etc) as they are likely toast on the used motor.

First step is to pick up a shop manual for the vehicle. Search the web for used ones. This will be your best guidance in fixing this thing. It's the set of eyes and voice that can be there with you the whole step of the way.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: