Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Keyless Entry

MI

04-22-02, 04:21 PM   #1  
Keyless Entry

Hi all,
I have a 93 probe with a 2.5L. I dissconnected the battery for approx. a week to do some work. I hooked it back up and now my keyless remote doesn't work. Is there a way to resync it? I checked the fob batteries and they are good. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-22-02, 10:12 PM   #2  
snoop
Usually you need to hold down a couple of the buttons for at least 5 seconds. Usually the buttons to push are the "lock" and "unlock" buttons at the same time. If that does not work, try other combinations of buttons. Hope that helps a little.

MI

04-22-02, 11:04 PM   #3  
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that didn't work. Could there be any type wire your suppose to ground to re-program the module. Kind of the same scenario as GM products?

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 05:40 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Yup it could be. What does the owner's manual say about the repgrogramming procedure?

It all depends on the system and make as to what has to be done to reprogram it.

MI

04-23-02, 10:00 AM   #5  
OK, I checked the owners manual and it only tells me basic operation and how to replace the batteries in the fobs. I went ahead and performed the replacement battery procedure just for kicks with no luck. Any other ideas?

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 10:42 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Give the Ford dealer a quick call.

Did you check the links in my signature file below? What does your service manual say? Might be worth the 25 dollar subscription per year to Alldata for this and other repairs.

Unfortunately, these Probes can be viscious money pits and repairs are expensive .

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 10:59 AM   #7  
Antony W. Serio
There might be a seperate owners manual for the keyless entry, with all of the various codes you can enter. I know there was for my 2000 hyundai. With luck, you might be able to get something similar from Ford.

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 11:18 AM   #8  
Joe_F
I REALLY suggest you get a service manual, or an Alldata.com subscription, but here goes:

1) Remove the RH luggage compartement side cover

2) Turn the ignition to ON or ACC.

3) Using a jumper wrire connect the two terminals of the program connector (Bl/Gr & Bl/W). After doing so, the lock processor will lock and unlock the front doors to indicate it is ready for the transmitter programming. The program connector is not plugged into anything and should just be dangling there.

4) Press the lock or unlock button on each transmitter to store the information.

The system will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate it has programmed the transmitter.

5) Turn the ignition off. The system should lock/unlock cycle once more.

6) Install the cover you previously removed in step 1.

Check for proper operation. Should be ok now.

Again, I really suggest you pick up a manual for this thing. These cars are uneedingly complex and oftentimes special service procedures mean the difference between scratching your head and fixing it (or getting it as good as it can be ).

That being said, tell us what you find.

MI

04-23-02, 01:57 PM   #9  
It Works

Everything works great now. Thanks for the info. If all data was a flat yearly rate and not per vehicle I would have no problem. I go through to many cars to make that site worth while.
Thanks again!!

Visiting Guest

04-24-02, 06:37 AM   #10  
Joe_F
It's STILL worth the 25 bucks to repair the vehicle right and have the info you need.

A Probe will soak you for good money as time goes on, so I would pitch it in a heartbeat if it were me. A very lackluster car in my belief. Better is out there for the same money.

Search this Thread