Tinted Windows

Old 04-23-02, 10:01 AM
Hi-Wattage
Visiting Guest
Question Tinted Windows

Ok, first off, I'm not a fan of tinted windows, but this car came with them, so, I'm stuck.

Anyway, it's a 1992 Acura Integra RS 4-door. The rear door windows have ripples, not necessary what I'd call bubbles, in them. When I purchased the car, the owner said that someone tried to use an ammonia-based cleaner on them and that's what happened.

I'm not a window tinter, but I would think that there would be something I could spray on there to loosen the film and just squeegee the tint and get out the ripples.

Is this possible?

If not, and I wish to remove the tint, would that create a problem with my rear window defroster? Aren't those little brown lines on the inside of the window?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-02, 10:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I would take it to a glass shop to have it removed. You must be very careful with the grid lines I agree. Tint is major hokey and ugly looking. Not many people do it right...

It is not likely you can "restick" the tint to the back window. It has shrunk or the adhesive has dried out.

Old 04-23-02, 11:32 AM
$10 a window at most places to have the tint removed. Its well worth it. The sticky mess the tint leaves behind is a pain in the arse to remove.