Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Air flow

Visiting Guest

04-23-02, 08:04 PM   #1  
Vincentat
Air flow

I am trying to figure out what the problem could be. First of all I have a 86 chevy celebrity with a 2.8 V6. The problem is I only receive air flow through the vents on the dash board, nothing from below the dash board (the Heater vent) or above the dash board (the defroster vents). The heater core is fine. The blower is fine. But no matter where the control is set, except off, the air comes out the dash board vents.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-23-02, 08:57 PM   #2  
You probably have a vacuum leak, and/or a bad vacuum check valve. Look on the firewall for a vacuum line that runs through to the interior. Follow that line back toward the engine until you find a small plastic disk or cylinder shaped piece attatced to the line. That is the check valve. Vacuum should move through it one way, but not the other. Check that line also for vacuum. If it doesn't have good vacuum, then it's pinched or leaking.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

04-24-02, 06:36 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Cheese, but typically the problem on most GM cars is a bad vacuum wheel (about 8 bucks) at the back of the A/C controller. It goes bad and the air comes out everywhere but where you want it to come out .

Check with any dealer or Delco parts distributor. The part is cheap and pretty easy to replace. I have had a few go bad on me and that was the fix.

Search this Thread