Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Instrument Cluster on a 1984 & 1985 Chrysler New Yorker.

Visiting Guest

04-25-02, 02:28 PM   #1  
kjb
Instrument Cluster on a 1984 & 1985 Chrysler New Yorker.

The dashboard lights/speedometer/gas guage etc., are not working on my 1985. I would like to take the instrument cluster out of my 1984 to replace the other one. My problem is: The manual goes into great detail on how to get to the instrument cluster. But all it says about removing it is pull out the assembly and disconnect it.

I can not pull it out far enough to see where the wires are connected as there is not enough give on the wires. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

confused: Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-25-02, 03:17 PM   #2  
Joe_F
If you are wondering whether the two are interchangeable, just call up any junkyard that uses the Hollander system.

That book tells you what parts from one car swap into what other models.

Visiting Guest

04-26-02, 04:21 AM   #3  
Antony W. Serio
Which 'manual' are you talking about? If it is the chiltons/haynes manual, they are usually to vague and generalized to do more than routine maintenance. You might want to pick up the factory service manual, which should have detailed R&R procedures for your instrument cluster.

Visiting Guest

04-27-02, 10:03 AM   #4  
kjb
I had looked at both the Chilton/Haynes as well as the Factory manual. Neither of them went into detail. Yet the problem has been fixed. Someone I know put a mirror behind the assembly and was able to view to connections.
Do appreciate your input and concerns. Thanks!

Search this Thread