91 Caprice

Old 04-26-02, 12:51 PM
Charles E.
Visiting Guest
91 Caprice

Hey Joe & Knuckles, Began to think I would never get back on after my hard drive crashed! Anyway new problem. If you can't answer it you can probably tell me where to go(careful what you say here). I have purchased a Delco Monsoon AM/FM/CD Cassette Radio equiped with theftlock which requires OBDII the Caprice supports OBDI. I can get it to fit in the dash, I have all the harnesses to hook up the radio. But without OBDII it appears that the radio simply will not work because it cannot find the V.I.N number in the computer. It's a new unit I bought off EBay and has never had a number stored in it. How much trouble is it to upgrade to OBDII or is there a way that I can satisfy the requirements to get past the theftlock. Or is there somewhere that I can look to find a solution. Thanks for any light you can shed on this can of worms! Charles E.

Old 04-26-02, 01:13 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You might try www.crutchfield.com to see if they can help.

That being said, time to search around the net to see who has done this and retrofitted it into another car. There has to be a way to bypass the code and use it in something else.

Old 04-26-02, 02:14 PM
Charles E.
Visiting Guest
Thanks a bunch Joe as always you have been a great help. Charles

Old 04-26-02, 06:20 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

No problem Charles.

Good luck, let us know, and good to see you back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: