2001 dodge stratus

Old 04-29-02, 12:14 PM
Nate_Diy'er
Visiting Guest
2001 dodge stratus

Good Afternoon,
First off, I would like to say I posted a message a few weeks ago, and I put this website into my favorites. Since then I have read every new post and thread in this forum. There are volumes of knowledge to learn, and I think you guys are doing a great job.

That said, I recently bought a 2001 Dodge Stratus, 2.4 inline 4 sedan. I like the car, compared to the 1993 Eagle Summit I was driving before. But anyway (am I rambling ) But anyway I went to the alldata website and looked up the service bulletins, general and saftey recalls, and honestly it has me a bit worried. I bought the car used, and it only came with the original factory warranty which ends either the end of this year, or in about 4000 miles. Are these recalls and service bulletins something i need to worry about? Do i take it to a dealer and demand all the work done, or is it something that if it breaks i take it in. Also anyone know anything good or bad about this particular car?

Thanks for any help, and keep up the good work!!!!

Nate

Old 04-29-02, 12:49 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Chryslers are lackluster in most vintages.....but it all depends on one's experience. Personally, I would not buy a Mopar product, I don't find them to be very good.

My friend's parent's 1997 Stratus 2.4 is a horrific oil burner, but again, could just be a bad car. My family hasn't bought anything but GM since 1977.

That being said, any recalls that apply to the car have done. Service bulletins are merely tools to help the dealer fix the car better IF there is a problem such as what the bulletin describes.

Your factory warranty should cover everything for 3 years, 36k anyhow.

Not all recalls apply to your car and some may have been done already. Supplying the VIN # to Chrysler's customer service or a dealer should tell you what has been taken care of by now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: