Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Datsun/Hitachi Radio

Visiting Guest

04-29-02, 06:13 AM   #1  
Ernie Ray
Datsun/Hitachi Radio

Hi,
I found a Datsun Hitachi AM/FM radio to fit my 80 Datsun 210; hooked it up to test it and it was playing great on FM. It has 5 push buttons - 3 marked FM and 2 with no markings(I assumed for AM). Anyway, I decided to push one of the buttons not marked ( I had been told years ago that to change from AM to FM on these radios you just pushed either one of the FM or AM buttons to switch bands). When I did this the radio went dead and all I have got since is a static like noise when I turn the volume knob. I guess the main query I have is how do you switch bands on these radios; via the push buttons like I was told or some other way? I hope someone out there is familiar with these radios, any help would be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-29-02, 09:34 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Sometimes AM requires the adjustment of the trim screw to work. Usually most repair manuals have the procedure.

You might want to ask Smokey or one of the folks at the Stereo forum. Old Smokey is a whiz with things like this.

Search this Thread