Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1990 cavalier

Visiting Guest

05-01-02, 06:40 AM   #1  
DRLM001
1990 cavalier

HI,i have a 3.1 5 speed.My problem is that my car sometimes sputters.It will work fine then all of the sudden it starts to sputter.I changed everything but the wires could this be the problem?Also when i drive it seems to jump once and a while.But what confuses me is that most days it works great.If anyone could help it would be great.Anotherm thing as silly as it sounds is......Where in the heck is the PVC valve.I went as far as buying a manuel and still no answers??????? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-01-02, 07:07 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Which manual did you buy? If it's not the factory GM one, after the most basic repairs, most manuals are good for table props .

The PCV valve should be in the intake manifold. Look under the hood at your emission diagram. It will show you where all the emission controls are located.

That being said, on your problem, start with the posts and links in my signature file as well as the posting guidelines on the top of the forum page. We need more information to be able to help.

Search this Thread