Saab garage in Manhattan?

Old 05-02-02, 05:08 AM
CitS
Visiting Guest
Saab garage in Manhattan?

Can anyone recommend a Saab mechanic in lower Manhattan?

Old 05-02-02, 07:44 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I think there's a dealer/service place called Zumbach in Manhattan that sells/services Saabs.

A quick call to Saab's headquarters in GA at 770-279-0100 should net the nearest authorized service center/dealer near you.

Be prepared to pay some hefty money to have a Saab serviced. They are quite strange and odd, and there aren't many dealers around as other marques.

You might try to look in the phone book for specialty foreign car garages which can probably do just as good of a service for the same if not less money.

I was never a fan of Saab, too weird and strange . The ignition lock/key on the floor should be an indication of how they think. Lol. That and the way they seem to be wired .

Old 05-02-02, 07:46 AM
CitS
Visiting Guest
Thanks

I did some searching on the net; Zumbach's seems to be the only game in town. You'd think that for a car with this many problems there would be a bigger market of repair shops.
Thanks again.

Old 05-02-02, 07:49 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately, they are an oddity and not many places like to or want to service them.

You might try close by in NJ or call around in the phone book to the foreign car specialty places. They likely have good sources for parts and information.

What year and model are we talking about?

Again, unfortunately, these are the pains of owning an oddball like a Saab .

Old 05-02-02, 11:32 AM
CitS
Visiting Guest
model and problem

It's a mid-90s convertible with an accumulator problem and, I think, something electrical. It's already been towed; Manhattan street parking means move it or lose it.
Thanks again.

Old 05-02-02, 01:01 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I know it . That's why I never moved there and still live in the suburbs. Plenty of parking room out here .

Best thing to use in Manhattan is good ol' NYC transit. No worries (or shall I say, less worries) that way .

Check www.alldata.com for known bulletins that might match this problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: