1977 Dodge Pickup Gas Tank Leak

Old 05-02-02, 02:06 PM
1977 Dodge Pickup Gas Tank Leak

Ive got a 1977 full size pickup and have a gas tank leak on the top portion of the tank. I cannot find a replacement tank for this model on the internet or local auto parts stores. The tank on it now is plastic and I could possiby patch it with a tank repair kit but would have to take the tank off to get to the leak. My question is how much trouble is it to take this tank off and does anyone have any ideas where I might purchase a replacement tank.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-02, 03:05 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You might try Goodmark Industries, Sherman Associates, American Designers (Autozone sells their line of fuel tanks), among others.

A radiator shop might be able to fix your existing one. I do not recall plastic tanks on that vintage Mopar product, but it may have been as such.

Have you tried a Chrysler dealer? They should be able to locate the part # and even if it's obsolete without a replacing part, they might be able to put a locator out to a dealer that might have one sitting around.

Might find one at a junkyard too. Try www.junkyarddog.com and fill out a parts request.

I have to think there's something out there for it. Good luck.

Another 70's Mopar turns to dust as they all seem to do .

Search this Thread