Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starter replacement

Visiting Guest

05-06-02, 01:46 PM   #1  
Gennis
Starter replacement

Got a '93 s10 w/4.3 It had a bad starter selonoid, opon removal we found the starter was under warrany thru a local parts store.
What came in the box was a new starter (not rebuilt) for whatever reason. After installation, no movement from the starter at all!!??
Do you think I did something wrong? theres a lot of stuff to take off. Then ofcourse the wiggling to get it out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-06-02, 03:29 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Stick with AC Delco reman starters, especially on tough installs. Less double labor and defects.

That being said, some parts store rebuilts are poor quality and are defects right out of the box.

Visiting Guest

05-06-02, 11:09 PM   #3  
knuckles
Did you install it correctly?

Your original starter had only 2 terminals. The large terminal is the BATT terminal & the small "S" or Start terminal.

Most replacement starters (including many AC Delco Remans) come with a 3 terminal solenoid. The 3rd terminal is usually labeled "I" or "R" (for Ignition or Resistor bypass).

The starter won't work if you attach your "start" wire to the "I" or "R" terminal.

Search this Thread