Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Motor oil leaking on concrete driveway

Visiting Guest

05-09-02, 12:02 PM   #1  
tex1250
Motor oil leaking on concrete driveway

I just found out that my mini truck is leaking a slight amount of oil. How, you might ask? On my new concrete driveway, there are a few oil spots where only I have parked. What are your guys suggestions to get up the oil and not leave any stains.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links

KY

05-09-02, 12:36 PM   #2  
I have never try this, but a friend told me he sprays WD40 on oil spot and wipes right up.

Good luck

Visiting Guest

05-09-02, 12:38 PM   #3  
Joe_F
There are various stain removers that you can get at Home Depot among other places.

Muratic Acid works well, but can etch the concrete if you are not careful. A little Gunk will lift it.

My neighbor uses some Comet to scrub it.

Visiting Guest

05-10-02, 05:28 AM   #4  
sciguyjim
I would worry about WD-40 leaving its own discoloration. I've read posts where people suggested wetting the spots with a light solvent then soaking it up with an absorbent. Mineral spirits may work, toluene or xylene solvents are probably better and they'll all clean up better than WD-40. Look in hardware stores or auto supply stores in the paint departments for these solvents. They're all very flammable so be careful.

Visiting Guest

05-10-02, 10:09 PM   #5  
knuckles
Electrasol

Automatic dishwashing detergent works wonders when mixed w/ hot water.

Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 04:35 PM   #6  
rickwhoo
i use brake clean and wipe it up

Search this Thread