Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Heater Core Replacement

Visiting Guest

05-09-02, 01:34 PM   #1  
bruzesmcgilacut
Heater Core Replacement

I have a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo V6 which I think has a busted heater core. My temperature is high until I kick on the A/C (hot or cold), but when the A/C is on the interior fills with a white mist which smells (and tastes... ack!) like coolant. Several friends have said it sounds like my heater core is shot. How difficult is it to replace the heater core in my situation: I have access to a do-it-yourself garage with all needed tools and advisors (military benifit, auto hobby shop) but limited time to do it. What kind of cost, time, and difficulty am I looking at? Do I need a "Chilton's" manual for it? Should I bite the bullet and pay the $400-500 bill? Any advice would be helpful, I have 3 weeks to get this done before the Air Force sends me somewhere for another stint. Thank you in advance,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-09-02, 06:49 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check the links below for some R&R help/ideas.

It's probably a day's job. Allot that much time (8 hours +). If you can't afford that time, then get it done.

Search this Thread