Related Combustion problems

Old 05-10-02, 10:34 AM
SaDow
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Related Combustion problems

I have a 350 , 5.7 in a camero with 160 thuo mils,all new- water pump , starter, fuel pump, new alt.The eng is fuel inj, car has loss power going up hills . It just started lossing speed fast when I take my feet off the pedal in any angle of road surfice. I have a really ruff idle , and when i turn it off I can't turn it right back on . I have to wait a min or two.
the EGR was mentioned as a possible problem , but I also have a manafold leak . can that be the problem and not the EGR. Do the two have the same effect on the car? I have posted more info under the same name, three pages back under shadow

Last edited by SaDow; 05-10-02 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-02, 12:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Gotta rectify any vacuum leaks first. You will be behind the 8 ball all the time if you don't.

Old 05-10-02, 06:49 PM
stangman
Visiting Guest
when you say manifold leak is it intake if so i would say that is part of the problem. I had a friend who had a 65 el camino which ran rough he finally figured it out by checking the carb. it was so loose he could pull it up by 1/2 of an inch he tighened the bolts no more vaccuum leak and problem solved.