new car and armorall

Old 05-12-02, 11:30 AM
new car and armorall

I just got a new 2003 Toyota Matrix and my question is what will protect the dash?I have heard that armor all is not a good thing please advice if you guys know of some good stuff.I live in north TX and the sun gets pretty hot in the summer.I am going to get a sun shield but that will only work when I am parked.I want some stuff that will not cause crackingof the dash 10 years down the road because I am the kind of person that will drive a car forever.
Thanks for all the input that I have recieved in the past with my older cars.O one more thing how long should I wait before I can wax the car.I have heard that paint needs to fully cure first or is this a myth?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-02, 12:03 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lexol makes some good protective stuff. Might want to try it. Store the car out of the sunlight, that helps out alot.

That being said, you should be able to wax the car now.

Old 05-12-02, 03:01 PM
otter_
Visiting Guest
stay away from armor all

unless you want a cracked dash. Check with the parts department at your dealer for a vinyl conditioner / protector.

Old 05-12-02, 03:41 PM
Lexol

Ok Joe I will keep an eye out for that Lexol product and also will see what the dealer has to offer.Thanks all for the replys.

Old 05-12-02, 08:28 PM
Thought about a dash mat?

Old 05-13-02, 02:26 AM
Dash mat

I have thought about a dash mat but I am not sure since the car has an airbag on the passanger side.It is located on the top of the dash.I will check all options.

Old 05-13-02, 03:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Just keep it well protected with a low gloss protectant and you'll be fine.

Vinyl like everything else has a life span unfortunately . A dash mat will cause fading between where it covers and where it doesn't over time.