Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

EGR valve replacement

Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 12:28 PM   #1  
Flyjax
How do you replace an EGR valve on a '95 Stratus?

Hello. My wife owns a 1995 Dodge Stratus with 156,000 miles on it. It has the V6 engine and has recently had the front seals repaired on the transmission.

The transmission has been shifting into failsafe on its own for the last few months.

When they looked at the readout it would have a 2, 4 Solenoid error.

We've had it in for work several times. The shop guy has reset the codes, and it still goes into failsafe.

The last time the mechanic replaced the solenoid. That worked for a few days, but it started failing again.

Today when the mechanic looked at the diagnostics, he saw a code that said "EGR valve blocked."

Would that cause the tranny to shift into failsafe? And if the EGR valve needs to be replaced, how difficult is this to do considering the lack of accessibility on a '95 Stratus? In other words, is this something I can do (I have your basic wrenches, pliers and that's about it) or do I need to find someone to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-13-02, 01:03 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check the links below in my signature file.

What does Alldata.com say about your problem in the recalls and bulletins section?

Search this Thread