Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Windows Quit Working

Visiting Guest

05-16-02, 07:41 AM   #1  
Moeller
Power Windows

I have a 1990 Mazda Protege 4D LX w/ DOHC 2.2 Liter automatic with power windows and locks.

PROBLEM: Front windows are down and the back ones are up. The power to the windows has quit working all together. I have checked the fuses under the dash and they are good. Are there any fuses elsewhere besides uunder the dash board, maybe under the hood somewhere, or ? I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-16-02, 08:34 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Might be a circuit breaker in the system that shuts down when it overheats.

Check the links below.

Visiting Guest

05-17-02, 06:39 PM   #3  
Moeller
Re: Power Windows

Originally posted by Moeller
I have a 1990 Mazda Protege 4D LX w/ DOHC 2.2 Liter automatic with power windows and locks.

PROBLEM: Front windows are down and the back ones are up. The power to the windows has quit working all together. I have checked the fuses under the dash and they are good. Are there any fuses elsewhere besides uunder the dash board, maybe under the hood somewhere, or ? I have no idea.

Fixed: I have a Power On/Off switch on the drivers door which is connected to all for switches for my windows. It has some corrosion inside where all the wires plug in. Cleaned it out to give it a good connection and my windows went up. Thanks.

Search this Thread