91 Honda Accord SE

Old 05-16-02, 04:08 PM
crowpye
Visiting Guest
91 Honda Accord SE

Hi,

I have a 91 Honda Accord SE. Auto.

On a few occasions, while driving, the rpm gauge begins to slowly drop until it then stops and the car stalls. The instrument panel is still illuminated and electronics seem to work fine. Even giving it a shot of gas does no good.

After a short moment I can start it again. Whats up with that!? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-02, 06:47 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Many woes in this vintage Accord with caps, rotors, igniters, modules, coils, etc. Honda has superseded the parts many times.

Start by checking www.alldata.com for known bulletins and recalls that match your problems. Get the full bulletin text from any Honda dealer.

Then, make sure you have the latest and greatest versions of the tuneup parts on your car. This will minimize the chances of problematic parts.

Start there and tell us what you find. Also check the links in my signature file for more ideas.

Old 05-16-02, 07:00 PM
crowpye
Visiting Guest
re; 91 accord

The site suggested does not have info on this vehicle. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 05-17-02, 06:43 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Give any Honda dealer a call and they should be able to print out the information for you.

I know they have had troubles with the ignition system on these. I remember calling for distributor caps and rotors and since we knew the parts guy at the local Honda dealer, he would just tell us "Give me the VIN #". If it was affected, he'd give us the distributor for free. We'd do the changeover and then bill the customer only the labor and explain the situation.

We'd then give the old distributor back to Honda for warranty purposes.

Search this Thread