Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

97 blazer stalls

Visiting Guest

05-17-02, 01:02 PM   #1  
Jeffrey Gross
97 blazer stalls

I own a 97 chevy blazer v6 auto (le).
Sometimes the car will start and drive fine. Other times I can start it and after letting it idle for a minute or two it will just turn off
with out touching the gas or putting it in gear. Other times I
can start idle and drive for 10 minutes to 30 minutes at freeway
speeds or stop and go traffic without a glitch or the car can shut off at 60MPH or slowing down for a traffic light. This started to
happen after I replaced the thermostat . In doing so I had to
remove a bracket that holds part of the throttle cable. I've already
replaced the gas filter and cap & rotor, and disconnected the alarm due to the fact that when the car shuts off my power locks
will open then close then open again if I just let It sit for a minute after It shuts off. Weird HUH! Any ADVICE OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-17-02, 03:18 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Check the EGR valve for carbonization of the pintle. It is a common problem. If the EGR valve sticks, the truck will stall out.

Clean and/or replace it.

05-17-02, 05:18 PM   #3  
I would first recheck your work and see if you knocked a ground wire loose,since it started doing this after the thermostat change.A loose ground would explain the locks cycling and your vehicle shutting down at any mode of operation.The next thing I would do is have someone check the vehicle for transmission codes.The reason for this is I have seen numerous ignition switch failures caused by remote starts and aftermarket alarms which,usually will set 5 transmission codes.Let us know how it goes.

Search this Thread