Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

troubleshooting 96 suburban stalling

Visiting Guest

05-17-02, 07:22 PM   #1  
CURTIS PHILLIP
troubleshooting 96 suburban stalling

I have a 1996 Suburban with 96,000 miles on it and it has been stalling within 2- 3 mins after a warm start up and always at between 15 and 30 mph. It also has a flat spot on constant accelration at 30mph. I have had the following done to no avail.
Replaced plugs, wires, rotor, cap and fuel filter. Air filter is new.
The mechanic has not been able to find any trouble codes in the computer and the check engine light has not come on. The engine always starts right back up. The mechanic also stated that the egr, idle air controller and all other engine sensors (0xygen) etc are all ok. he has also been unable to find any technical service builletins on this problem. The fule pressure is about 4 psi below the posted range. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try next.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-17-02, 11:17 PM   #2  
If the fuel pressure is below specs, it needs to be corrected. Also might have a bad TPS, but it would likely set a code. It can be checked for a dead spot in the sweep with a DVOM.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-18-02, 06:24 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Cheese.

Have you checked www.alldata.com yourself for any known problems or bulletins that match your issue?

Search this Thread