Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 Ford E350 Transmission

OH

05-17-02, 07:49 PM   #1  
93 Ford E350 Transmission

The light for the overdrive "off" indication on my 93 E350 (V8) blinks when I press to turn the overdrive off. I know this means something may be wrong with the tranny but can't find anything to tell my what. The transmission does sometimes shift hard, has problems downshifting after a hard stop and will slip when accelerating after a turn. Haven't check the fluid level and condition yet but plan to first thing in the morning. The light just started blinking today after I got stuck in mud and had to work it pretty hard to get out. Could this just be a temperature problem or is something more serious behind it? I realize it's impossible to pinpoint here but I do appreciate any pointers you can give.

Pat Russell

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-17-02, 11:19 PM   #2  
knuckles
The OD light is blinking because one or more of the transmission control sensors is out of range.

Check for trouble codes as outlined here . Let us know what you find.

Visiting Guest

05-27-02, 10:31 AM   #3  
storminnorman
The transmission does sometimes shift hard, has problems downshifting after a hard stop and will slip when accelerating after a turn.
the above will flash your light, slip after a turn usually indicates low fluid, or a filter fell out of the pump, any how you should get that e4od checked right away, i rebuild all the e40d's at my place of employment about 4 or so a week, it is not a cheap rebuild, if all the updates are done to it. on a 93 model alot of updates should be performed, if it comes out for repairs.

Search this Thread