93 Ford E350 Transmission

Old 05-17-02, 07:49 PM
93 Ford E350 Transmission

The light for the overdrive "off" indication on my 93 E350 (V8) blinks when I press to turn the overdrive off. I know this means something may be wrong with the tranny but can't find anything to tell my what. The transmission does sometimes shift hard, has problems downshifting after a hard stop and will slip when accelerating after a turn. Haven't check the fluid level and condition yet but plan to first thing in the morning. The light just started blinking today after I got stuck in mud and had to work it pretty hard to get out. Could this just be a temperature problem or is something more serious behind it? I realize it's impossible to pinpoint here but I do appreciate any pointers you can give.

Pat Russell

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-02, 11:19 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
The OD light is blinking because one or more of the transmission control sensors is out of range.

Check for trouble codes as outlined here . Let us know what you find.

Old 05-27-02, 10:31 AM
storminnorman
Visiting Guest
The transmission does sometimes shift hard, has problems downshifting after a hard stop and will slip when accelerating after a turn.
the above will flash your light, slip after a turn usually indicates low fluid, or a filter fell out of the pump, any how you should get that e4od checked right away, i rebuild all the e40d's at my place of employment about 4 or so a week, it is not a cheap rebuild, if all the updates are done to it. on a 93 model alot of updates should be performed, if it comes out for repairs.