benz

Old 05-20-02, 09:31 PM
system
Visiting Guest
benz

I just brought a 1996 benz c 280
is anyone know where I can found on the site regarding lot of troubleshooting on this vehicle?

Old 05-20-02, 11:17 PM
knuckles
Visiting Guest
You can't do much troubleshooting on these cars without some expensive test equipment.

Baum Tools can provide the tools & equipment, but bring your wallet & make sure it is well stuffed.

There are a few Usenet newsgroups that cater to the M-B crowd. Check them out at the link below. Usenet, like much of the internet, is cluttered with useless crap, but there IS some good info there if you're willing to sort the the garbage to find it.

alt.autos.mercedes

free.autos.mercedes-benz

Check ebay for factory service manuals on CD-ROM. The factory manual is really the only way to fly if you plan on doing serious repair/troubleshooting on this car.

If you're interested in maintenance & light repairs, Alldata DIY will suffice.

Old 05-21-02, 03:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
MB tends to be strange to get manuals for. There's like a million books that cover one car. Lol. A guy I used to work with wound up calling me for one and I referred him to a MB tech friend of mine.

My friend said that MB tends to be a PITA to get manuals for. You can try the links below in my signature file for how to contact MB to get the needed books/materials.

As Knuckles said, be prepared to pay and pay good. It's not "How much", it's "How much you've got" with these things.

Unfortunately, one of the "benefits" of owning a MB .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: