98 Firebird Headlight problem

Old 05-19-02, 06:46 AM
dmpm
Visiting Guest
98 Firebird Headlight problem

When the anti-theft device is activated, the headlights pop-up,flash and go back down. Once the lights are "seated" into the hood, the motor for the driver side light stays running for approx. 8-10sec.This problem started after the un-lock button, on the transmitter, was pushed when the car was un-locked.(The car was not running at the time) Even if the headlights are turned on, then off, the headlight motor stays running.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-02, 08:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Aftermarket alarm system? If so, start there. Most installations are hokey and done incorrectly.

Old 05-20-02, 07:57 PM
rickwhoo
Visiting Guest
it is not the alarm system. it is the headlamp motor if it keeps making noise when shut off. as far as the alarm system attached to the headlamps i think it should be on the running/parking lites only, not the headlamps.

Old 05-20-02, 08:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Don't assume how it is not or is hooked up. I have seen some odd alarm installations over the years that have been nothing but problematic.

Old 05-20-02, 08:11 PM
rickwhoo
Visiting Guest
i have replaced motors for this problem many times. the guy said it does it also when he uses the headlamps with the switch. it has nothing to do with the alarm system. except the over use of the motor with the alarm.