where in the heck is the.....


Old 05-22-02, 11:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question where in the heck is the.....

pcv valve on my 1987 ford ranger(2.0L, 1bbl)? The engine is running very rough, and the small hose that is attached to the oil filler cap, then to the air cleaner, is blowing oil all over the insides of the engine compartment. My first thought was "I'll replace the pcv valve, and that should fix the excessive blow-by. the problem is that I can't seem to find the dog-gone pcv valve. Any comments or sugestion, PLEASE let me know! thank you very much, and God bless"
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-02, 04:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Some vehicles don't have one.....even though they have the piping and hose for it. Jeep 4.0 liters come to mind as one.

Go to any parts store, buy the part, so you know what you are looking for. Also, look at the emission diagram under the hood and it will show the various components. You'll now know where the part is supposed to be.

That being said, you can also just call up any Ford dealer's parts department and they'll tell you in a jiffy with a few mouse clicks in their system.
Old 05-28-02, 09:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
look under intake manifold.
Old 05-29-02, 05:15 PM
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 247
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's near (in Front) of the distributor under the intake.It's made inline with the hose so it's very hard to see.If you look just in front of the intake manifold,straight down in all that stuff that you see it's there.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: