where in the heck is the.....

Old 05-22-02, 10:22 PM
cactopher
Visiting Guest
Question where in the heck is the.....

pcv valve on my 1987 ford ranger(2.0L, 1bbl)? The engine is running very rough, and the small hose that is attached to the oil filler cap, then to the air cleaner, is blowing oil all over the insides of the engine compartment. My first thought was "I'll replace the pcv valve, and that should fix the excessive blow-by. the problem is that I can't seem to find the dog-gone pcv valve. Any comments or sugestion, PLEASE let me know! thank you very much, and God bless"

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-02, 03:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Some vehicles don't have one.....even though they have the piping and hose for it. Jeep 4.0 liters come to mind as one.

Go to any parts store, buy the part, so you know what you are looking for. Also, look at the emission diagram under the hood and it will show the various components. You'll now know where the part is supposed to be.

That being said, you can also just call up any Ford dealer's parts department and they'll tell you in a jiffy with a few mouse clicks in their system.

Old 05-28-02, 08:35 PM
rickwhoo
Visiting Guest
look under intake manifold.

Old 05-29-02, 04:15 PM
It's near (in Front) of the distributor under the intake.It's made inline with the hose so it's very hard to see.If you look just in front of the intake manifold,straight down in all that stuff that you see it's there.