Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Van Just Dies!

Visiting Guest

05-23-02, 08:55 AM   #1  
69CHEVY
Van Just Dies!

'90 GMC Safari Mini-Van, 4.3 V6, TBI, Auto Overdrive Trans., 100,000 miles. When engine is at operating temp. and accelerating from a complete stop, at between 35 to 40 mph, engine will buck then die, check engine light comes on. Engine will start right up and will run fine after dying. Van runs fine otherwise. Checked for codes and found none. Only code that comes up is 12 which is normal. Recent tune-up in January included, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, pcv, air filter & O2 sensor. EGR is working

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-23-02, 09:54 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Start with my posts and links below in my signature file. Tell us what you find.

Visiting Guest

05-23-02, 12:10 PM   #3  
69CHEVY
Here's an update.
Compression on all six cylinders good, good spark, fuel pressure is good. Leaning towards one of the sensors other than the O2 starting to go bad. Need guidance on which one would cause this symptom. Or is it the trans causing this problem.

05-23-02, 05:33 PM   #4  
probably a module or pickup in the distributer causing the problem.

Visiting Guest

05-26-02, 12:26 PM   #5  
raggy
CHEVY VAN

IF YALL FIGURE THAT ONE OUT LET ME KNOW.I GOT A 94-95 FORD DOING THE SAME THING.BUT IT WILL RUN FOR A FEW DAYS THEN LOCK UP .TRIED COMPUTER ,PICK UP , VALVE BODY GASKETS.I THINK THATS ALL.

Search this Thread