Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Miss in Mazda

AL

05-28-02, 08:00 AM   #1  
Miss in Mazda

I have a '94 Mazda B-4000 pickup with 102000 miles (5-speed). It has developed a miss or roughness which is most noticeable at around-town speeds with the engine turning about 1500 RPM. I don't feel a miss or hesitation under accelleration, but generally while driving at a steady moderate speed. The spark plugs and cables were replaced at around 70000 miles as routine maintenance, not due to any problem symptoms. In fact I was amazed what good shape the plugs were in! At highway speeds no roughness is felt. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-28-02, 08:51 AM   #2  
Joe_F
How's the fuel pressure?

Check some of the links below for some ideas as well.

AL

05-28-02, 10:13 AM   #3  
Joe, if I had a fuel pressure problem, wouldn't it more likely show up as starvation upon accelleration and at higher speeds? I was wondering if my injector nozzles could be dirty and causing the problem, or is that just primarily a ploy of fuel additive manufacturers?

Visiting Guest

05-28-02, 10:43 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Nope, always start with the basics. Fuel pressure is a good start.

05-30-02, 08:23 AM   #5  
My 1990 Chev C1500 4.3-V6 was doing something similar, but ONLY when I accellerated. Your problem seems to be similar yet different ( ).

My problem was dirty fuel filter. Once I replaced it, it worked fine. Reminds me, time for another one.

Search this Thread