Daytona Door

Old 05-29-02, 09:10 AM
Daytona Door

My friend has this "89" dodge daytona and he say's you have to lift the door up before you can shut it.How do you fix this?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-02, 10:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The hinges are wiped out. You need two new hinges from the dealer and then the door has to be adjusted.

Old 05-29-02, 09:34 PM
I messed up ,my friend told me tonight it's when you open the door,he say's you have to lift the door up after lifting the handle.He say's it closes alright.Would it be the same problem?

Old 05-30-02, 05:46 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Open the door about half way.

Grab the top and bottom of of the door. Wiggle it up and down. If the door moves and you feel play, the hinges are wiped. Common on a car with a large door like that.

Some hinges can have new bushings installed, but it's probably worth it to get two new hinges, install them, adjust the door and be done with it.

Old 06-03-02, 09:43 PM
You were right,he told me today there is play in it.He wants to know if it's hard to replace them and how to do it?

Old 06-04-02, 05:57 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Mark the position of the old hinges.

Unbolt the hinges on the door side. Have a helper hold the door. Take off the hinges on the body side.

Put the new hinges on and align the door. Should be able to do it in a couple hours with adjustments and everything.

The Chrysler dealer should be able to order the needed hinges.