Engine vibrates

Old 05-29-02, 08:04 PM
rhall3rd
Visiting Guest
Engine vibrates

My wifes 94 Chevy Van, G20, V6 has had a vibration in the engine for quite some time now. It is noticable when idling in park and drive. Worse in drive while at a light with a foot on the brake. It is not noticable when moving. The only other symptom the van has that may help you guys to help me is this. If it is allowed to idle for several minutes it will start blowing some blue smoke at the exaust. Then when you drive it smokes pretty good and quits shortly thereafter. Thanks in advance..... Robert Hall

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-02, 05:47 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Blowing blue smoke is a sign of burning oil. Does it puff on start up? If so, that's bad valve stem seals.

How's the motor mounts?

Old 05-30-02, 10:38 PM
snoop
Visiting Guest
Could be your drive train going bad. I think I had the same problem with my car once. It was like a "growling" noise, and only noticable at stoplights, like you describe. Does it growl as bad when it is in park? when my car was in park, it did not growl nearly as much. I just drove my car. It eventually got worse, but I was about to get a new car anyway, and let them deal with the problem.

Old 06-01-02, 12:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you're burning oil, you may have a fouled spark plug causing a miss. That could be your vibration.

Old 06-03-02, 09:12 PM
rhall3rd
Visiting Guest
Talking motor mounts!

It was the motor mounts! Man what a difference! Thanks for your help.
Robert Hall