GM Lock Up Transmission question

Old 05-31-02, 07:23 AM
scr8pin_f100
Visiting Guest
Question GM Lock Up Transmission question

GM Lockup Transmission Question

Hello all,
I am in the process of restoring an old pickup, and I have a 350 Chevy engine w/ a TH350 transmission with a Lockup Converter.
My question is this... I do not have the original wiring harness for the transmission, but I know that I have to plug in a harness into the 4 pronged connecter. But when I get the connecter, I have know idea what the 4 wires are supposed to connect to. I know that the converter engages at a certain RPM, so would I connect one of the wires to the HEI Distributer???
I am hopeing that I do not have to have some elaborate ECM box to make all the work. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Scr8pin_f100

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-02, 11:38 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I'd call up Painless Wiring in California. Pretty sure they will have a wiring kit for this with good directions that will get you up and running.

Old 05-31-02, 12:28 PM
scr8pin_f100
Visiting Guest
Smile Painless Wiring

Hello,
Hey I know painless has a kit to wire it, it is part # 60109. But I really wasn't wanting to go through Painless. I am what you could call a do it yourself kinda guy. I was mainly wanting a diagram or layout . If you think they could help then cool!!

Old 05-31-02, 12:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I wouldn't terminate my own harness. Waste of time. Buy a premade one that's quality and be done with it. It's expensive and hokey to do your own...will take you a long time.

Search this Thread