carburator 88 sprint

Old 05-31-02, 02:59 PM
Terry Sullivan
Visiting Guest
carburator 88 sprint

thanks for your input. I also wanted to know how to adjust the screws. for other reasons.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-02, 06:19 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Use your reply button to keep all posts together on the same vehicle and for continuity.

Adjusting the screws is a waste of time and futile with a bad/out of synch carburetor and will make it worse. Save the screw turning for when you rebuild.

The carb. kit will contain rebuilding and adjustment data in the instruction sheet in the box.

Old 06-02-02, 12:16 PM
Terry Sullivan
Visiting Guest
Chevy Sprint carb

The carb was already rebuilt and just installed by me - no instruction sheet. She now bucks and cuts out so the screws need adjusting to regulate fuel and air intake. I have no idea what the settings should be.
Thanks, Terry

Old 06-03-02, 06:22 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
What was replaced during the rebuild? Float? Choke pull off? Choke stat?

If not, those are likely tired AND out of adjustment.

Check the links below for some ideas.

Old 06-26-02, 11:09 AM
Terry Sullivan
Visiting Guest
Sprint carb

Items are not tired and work ok but someone messed with the screws so the car is hard to start as keeps cutting out and idles too fast and shakes a bit. The screws need adjusting but I do not know how to reset them so all I need is the correct adjustments so that she runs like she did before.
Thanks

Old 06-26-02, 04:32 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Bearing that in mind, if the parts I mentioned were not changed the rebuilt is incomplete and we are back to square one. Changing the adjustment screws aren't going to help out, they will likely hurt.

With the rebuilding kit came the adjustment data..for all that's adjustable...you might check a GM service manual if there's nothing at www.autolibrary.org.

Search this Thread