Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

flasher won't work

Visiting Guest

06-02-02, 10:44 AM   #1  
Rayni42
flasher won't work

i changed the flasher and it the blinkers and the hazards still don't work.

Sponsored Links

06-02-02, 11:31 AM   #2  
Need more information.Year and type of vehicle.Also if any lights light up when you try the signals?.Could be another fuse,switch,bulbs,etc.

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 07:39 AM   #3  
Rayni42
flasher

93 mercury sable.... I also change the switch too. All the other light still work except the hazards and the blinkers.

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 09:13 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Double check your work. You might have a ground issue somewhere.

Did you change the multifunction turn signal switch in the steering column?

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 01:39 PM   #5  
Rayni42
flasher

I just changed the multifunction switch in the steering column, and nothing happened.

Visiting Guest

06-04-02, 06:14 AM   #6  
Joe_F
Get a wiring diagram for it, and start to look for loose grounds, broken wires in the trunk and body areas. That's the only other thing to check at this point (I assume it was checked first before replacing any parts).

06-04-02, 06:59 PM   #7  
The flasher you mentioned was the electronic one located above the fuse box right?.Some have a push in(old style) one in the box while others also have an electronic one(small square box) mounted above the fuse box attached to the dash with a screw.
Make sure the fuses are ok.Fuses are in slot #1 15amp and slot#5 15amp.At multifunction switch you should have power at the light blue wire (12 volts) and the red/white wire(12 volts).

Search this Thread