1990 Cadillac

Old 06-03-02, 05:30 AM
Darnell
Visiting Guest
1990 Cadillac

I have a 1990 Cadillac DeVille & when I ptu the car in gear from park there is a loud clanking sound coming from under the car. On other occassion, I have heard this clanking sound when I driving by building or stationary object close to roadway. My question is does a 1990 Cadi DeVille (front wheel drive) have a universal joint drive shaft & could this be the clanking sound I heard. The transmission does not seem to be slipping

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-02, 06:05 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It has CV (constant velocity) joints.

Make sure nothing is loose, touching or rubbing. If it has wheel covers (wires) take them off and try driving it, many times they clank and loosen up as they age.

Old 07-01-02, 06:34 PM
Darnell
Visiting Guest
Talking

Sorry about delayed response, been out of town. It was cv joint. Had it fixed & car runs a lot better. Can you tell me about cleaning fuel injectors for same car? Seems like it's running rich.

Old 07-01-02, 07:08 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Not likely with the injectors themselves.

When was the last time it was tuned up?
Any trouble codes stored in the computer? Push off and warmer together on the climate control to read the codes and go to www.batauto.com to interpret them.
Any black smoke out of the tailpipe? Any vacuum lines missing, rotted or disconnected?

Old 07-12-02, 03:11 AM
Darnell
Visiting Guest
Smile

Thanks for the tip. I will check all my vacuum lines before having the injectors service. Might even save about $200.