Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

93 INTREPID, Joe , Anyone?

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 09:30 AM   #1  
Patrick2
93 INTREPID, Joe , Anyone?

I pulled the codes by turning the switch on/off myself and it gave me several codes this is what they were: Code 54-No camshaft signal detected during engine cranking. Code 33-An open or shorted condition detected in the A/C clutch relay circuit. Code 21- Neither rich or lean condition detected from the oxygen sensor. Code 16- Sensor is either shorted to ground or 12 volts. Will not detect open circuit. What do I need to replace? and whats wrong with it?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 09:42 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Please use the reply button rather than starting a new post...otherwise continuity is lost as it is here. I don't recall what the actual symptom was of the car in question.

Does the car have spark? Crank? What happens? If no spark at the plugs, I would look to test the coils, module and ignition components (like the crank sensor) to see why you have no spark.

What do the links below in my signature file and www.autolibrary.org show?

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 10:08 AM   #3  
Patrick2
Joe, 93 Intrepid

The original problem was, I can be driving down the road and the engine will just die, sometimes you can throw it in neutral and it will start right back up and sometimes you have to pull over, put it in park and then start it. Also this morning when I left in it it was running real rough and the cruise control light was blinking on and off, then it stopped after about 15 seconds and ran fine.
I cleared the codes by disconnecting the ground cable for 20 seconds and then checked the codes again and these came up- Code 12 and code 44, the code 44 is Loss of FJ2 to logic board.

Visiting Guest

06-03-02, 10:35 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You don't tell us what engine size, so I guesed 3.5

Code #44 according to Alldata says

Battery temp voltage=An open or shorted circuit exists in the ECT circuit or a problem exists in the PCM's battery temperature voltage circuit.

Some Chryslers have a battery temperature sensor, so you might check that. How's the state of charge with the battery? Connections clean and tight? How about the alternator output?

It might be intermittently discharging which could cause things to go haywire.

Search this Thread