Transmission Question


Old 06-03-02, 04:20 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Transmission Question

I am trying to put a Transmission Filter Kit on my 1996 Ford Mark III Conversion Van and I have come up with an EXTRA piece. Could you possible tell me what it is and where it goes. It looks sort of like a mallet you would use on a xylaphone (sp ?). It is 2-3 inches long and has a black o-ring or washer type thing around the middle of it. Then it has a stick coming from the middle of it. It kind of look like a lollipop I guess you could say. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Melisa
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-02, 05:12 PM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 2,417
You can throw it away it is a just a factory plug that dos not get reused.
Old 06-04-02, 07:05 PM
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 247
Agree 100%.Ford puts those in the hole for the dipstick tube during manufacturing.They just push the tube in which knocks the plug into the pan.It won't hurt a thing.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes